Not your average Sangria! For most- when we hear that word, “SANGRIA” an image of a sweet, red concoction thick as syrup and loaded with fruit comes to mind. No offense it that’s your thing- we’re just not really fans of that particular kind! Ha, Ha.
So, in anticipation of the Long Weekend, and with a little help from our friends at Wine and Beyond, we decided to give the classic Summer Sangria a bit of a ‘glow- up’! Enter- the Watermelon Rose Petal Sangria! Light, refreshing and just a little boujee!
We started by finding two delicious and refreshing libations from the July Features Flyer from Wine and Beyond. Both bottles we chose are resoably priced and have great wine ratings!
We picked La Granja 360 White Wine and Massotina Brut Prosecco. The crisp, slightly herbaceous La Granja pairs perfectly with the Rose petals. The inclusion of Prosecco at the end, adds that slight zip and extr refreshment from the carbonation. Matched with the unique, slight sweetness of the Watermelon, this Sangria is tantalizing and fun to serve!
We should also mention the prep time is minimal, there is no added sugar in this recipe and this Sangria is basically impossible to mess up!
Heres What you Need:
- 1 Bottle La Granja 360 White Wine (found at Wine and Beyond)
- 1 Bottle Massotina Brut Prosecco ( found at Wine and Beyond)
- One Medium sized Watermelon
- 1 cup crushed small size Rose Bud petals. (Can be found at ethnic grocery stores, tea shoppes and also online!)
- The day prior to serving, cut half of watermelon into tiny cubes- about 3 cmx 3cm
- With the other half- throw in the blender and blend.
- Pour full bottle of La Granja, all watermelon and crushed rose buds into bowl or container. Cover and Store over night.
- To serve, pour mixture into 2/3 of desired glassware.
- Top with Massotina Prosecco and enjoy!
- Cheers to delicious Sangria and Long Weekends!
*This post was created in partnership with Wine and Beyond. As always, our recipes, ideas and opinions are our own.