It happens to us every year! March rolls around, and regardless of how much snow is on the ground, we have SPRING FEVER. We have the sudden urge to get rid of everything Winter and usher Spring right on in. Because we are craving change, we figured some of you might be too! We compiled a list of easy and inexpensive ways to freshen up your space: be it your home, office, or even a room! So without further ado, here are our Top Ten ways to do so!
1. Copper Accents- Metallic decor has been trendy for a while now, but in 2017, Gold will take a backseat to Copper! The more antique look of copper brings a unique character to your home and is timeless. Copper is the perfect cross between a glamorous and rustic and masculine. We adore this funky Fruit Basket and Polygon Decor Ball from Chapters Indigo. Bonus: They’re both on sale!
2.Pop of Green- Its no secret that Pantone announced their 2017 color of the year to be Grennery, and we are SO on board. “Nature’s Neutral” is vibrant, fresh and a great way to add a pop of color if you want to maintain a clean, modern look. Introducing green is also perfect if you are hesitant to add other colors! Green pairs excellently with whites, creams, greys and black. Think my husband would let me paint the antlers on our deer head at home?!
3. Repaint your Trim- Ever notice how your doorways and baseboards take the biggest hit in your space? Dogs, kids, furniture… everything seems to bump,scratch and scuff them up! Luckily, its a relatively easy fix. Grab a can of white paint and a brush and go to town!
4. Switch out your Throw Pillows- I’m SO guilty of keeping the same pillows on my couch and chairs all year long. But fur season is OVER people! Time to punch it up with some fun prints or graphics like these ones currently up to 50% off at Chapters Indigo.
5.Taupe- The new grey! If you are looking to refresh your walls in 2017, we recommend Taupe. Sherwin Williams named Taupe the “new neutral” paint color for 2017. With warm tones, Taupe is a cross between grey and brown that is both cozy and contemporary. Makes an excellent choice for a feature wall!
6. Plants- Simple and cheap! Add a plant (or flowers!) to an empty corner or side table. There are many inexpensive options for urns, vases and unique plant stands. Incorporating a plant into a room brings a sense of height, sculptural appeal, and as we mentioned earlier, color! We love these ideas that are ON SALE at Chapters Indigo, especially the CONCRETE look!
7. Simplify- We’ve all heard of “Spring Cleaning” before. You know what that means, time to ditch the clutter! You wont believe how good it feels to get rid of things. Donate those unnecessary or outdated nick- nacks and you will feel even better!
8. Organize a Closet- Put away those bulky winter items and nicely order your lighter spring layers. I love to coordinate my closet according to color, but you can also organize according to style or sleeve length for ease. I also love to use collapsable Skubb Boxes from Ikea to neatly store accessories such as scarves, sunglasses and purses.
9. Go all White- This tip takes a *little* more effort than the other suggestions, but is sure to brighten up any room or house! Get rid of all the dark colors that make rooms look and feel smaller. White is not only fresh and clean, but it reflects and maximizes natural light.
10. Switch out a Light Fixture- I know it sounds expensive… but there are plenty of budget friendly lighting options to go with any decor style! We are currently LOVING geometric shapes and recommend checking our hardware stores as they often have the most affordable options.
AND… Finally, the GIVEAWAY Details!
We cannot wait to see what else is new for Spring and DIY at the Edmonton Home and Garden Show Coming up March 23-26th at the Edmonton Expo Center. We will definitely be hitting up the Cooking Stage to see Chopped Canada judge, Massimo Capra, as well as Cory Christopher’s Spring Sanctuary for terrarium building! We will be giving away 4 Tickets as well as a gift basket full of Rust-Oleum Products to our lucky followers.
- you must follow us on instagram
- tag a friend on instagram and have them follow us as well (as many times as you like!)
- for an additional entry add your name to our email list on the main page of our website
Contest will close March 15th, 2017 at Noon MST.
xo The River City Sisters