With the Festive Season in full swing, the holiday overindulgences seem to be never-ending.. including (but not limited to) Christmas cocktails! I am never one to turn down anything delicious, but wouldn’t it be nice to enjoy those festive drinks without feeling guilty afterward? We health-ified three holiday favorites for you below using local ingredients!
1. Glowing Rum + Nog
- Dark Rum
- Glow Juicery’s Noel Nog
- Cinnamon stick, Ice cubes
- Combine 3 parts Noel nog to 1 part Dark Rum (I used spiced!) and ice cubes in a shaker cup.
- Shake for 15-20 seconds until combined. Serve over ice and garnish with a cinnamon stick!
- Cranberry Pear White Vinegar from Evoolution
- Club soda
- ice cubes
- pomegranate seeds
- Combine 1 part vinegar
- 1 part vodka with 3 parts club soda and ice cubes in shaker cup.
- Shake for 15-20 seconds until combined.
- Serve over ice and garnish with sprig of rosemary and pomegranate seeds!
TRUST me, the vinegar adds sweetness, has so many health benefits and tastes AMAZING!
- Davids Tea “Mulled Wine” flavored tea
- bags for loose tea
- 4 cups dry red wine
- Cinnamon sticks
- Orange peel
In a pot over the stove, combine dry red wine and 3 tea bags of the tea… this is SO MUCH easier than adding all the separate spices and then straining them out afterward!
Simmer on low for at least 30 minutes.. or up to 3 hours … The longer, the fuller the flavor! You just want to make sure it doesn’t get too hot or the alcohol will boil off!
Serve in a mug and garnish with orange peel and cinnamon stick.