It’s that time of year again.. a few days before Mothers Day and the panic starts to set in. You realize in the chaos that is your life you’ve forgotten to pick up something unique and sweet and thoughtful for your mother, mother- in – law, wife.. or yourself! haha. If you are anything like us, our heart is in the right place but we tend to do our best work at the last minute- so don’t worry – we got you! Here are a few fun ideas for the Mom in your life that are sure to please (and if all else fails- order any of these online, print them out a picture, and pretend there were shipping problems- your secret is safe with us!
1.Sugarfina Sweets. Perfect for the mom with a Sweet tooth. So basically every mom, ever. With flavours like Champagne, Corona and Rose, you cannot go wrong! You can find these at Swish – and for extra brownie points have them delivered with a Gorgeous bouquet of flowers!
2. Did somebody say Flowers? You can never go wrong with fresh cut florals. Swish’s talented team can create something stunning in any price range. Just tell them the colors, style and types of flowers you’d prefer and boom- crisis averted!
We spotted this stunning combination of Hydrangeas and Peonies at their McGrath location yesterday and we would definitely NOT be mad about it if bouquet showed up on our doorstep!
3. Mini Bath Bombs. Mom deserves some R&R in the tub, okay?! We love the idea of these Bath bomb cubes- a little more bang for your buck than just buying one bigger bath bomb and they smell amazing! You can find these little beauties at Red Ribbon Boutique.
Pour her a glass of wine and she will come our of the tub feeling like a million!
4. Sentimental Jewels. If you really want to pull on her heartstrings- enter the Adorned Charm Necklace collection by Melanie Auld x Jillian Harris. These have been SO popular they are sold out all over the place.. except- Refinery Clothing Co. Refinery will soon be stocking the most popular of the charms, but they can place a custom order for you immediately with the charms that mean the most to the mom in your life! (She will certainly not mind getting a print out of her soon to arrive necklace on Mother’s Day!)
5. Ember Mug. GENIUS. You know the 50 different versions of the running joke about how Mothers are never able drink their coffee hot? Well this beauty of an invention puts a swift end to that! We found this one on amazon, but there are travel versions as well!
6. Creative “MOM” time. Sometimes, Moms just need to spend an evening sipping tea, laughing and creating something beautiful. The lovely Rachelle of Flowers by Willows offers a fun and informative Floral workshop where Mom will learn how ti design and build her very own garden inspired floral arrangement that she will take home at the end of the evening. If the mother in your life is anything like us, she may love her some flowers but have little idea of how to create her own or how to keep them alive once in the vase! We are super excited to be participating in Flowers By Willows “Peonies & Roses” Workshops coming up June 13 & 14! This would make the perfect Mother/ Daughter or Mother/ Son gift experienceif you are feeling extra generous!
7. Chocolate. If all else fails Chocolate! But make it a next- level chocolate experience like with these made by Violet Chocolate Co. right here in Edmonton. Violet’s fun and unique flavoured bars can also be found at Swish!
We hope these suggestions were helpful! And, to get you started (or if you are really on the ball, finished) with your Mothers Day Shopping – we are gifting 4 piece Bento Box of Sugarfina sweets! Simply head over to our instagram , like this post and tag a mother who deserves a sweet treat (one tag per comment please!) Contest will close Thursday, May 10th at noon MST. Contest not sponsored or endorsed by instagram.