Crunchy leaves, cozy sweaters and Halloween movies on TV … It’s definitely October. And what goes better with a spooky movie on a crisp day than a cool autumn cocktail? This cocktail is so simple, but so good, and thanks to a dash of pomegranate juice and wedge of orange, it is perfect for fall. This Black Magic Cocktail is a take on a negroni, minus the vermouth with I am personally not a huge fan of. The pomegranate juice gives it a nice dark colour, but to make it a tad more spooky, I’ve added just the tiniest bit of black food colouring. So cue up Hocus Pocus, grab the ingredients and get shaking. Cheers, witches!
makes two cocktails
for simple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 ounces Negroni
- 2 ounces gin
- 4 ounces pomegranate cranberry juice (I used Ocean Spray, which you can find at your local grocery store!)
- Juice from two wedges of orange
- one tablespoon simple syrup
- Orange twist and pomegranate seeds for garnish (optional)
- 1 drop of black food colouring (optional)
For simple syrup
- Combine sugar and water in small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and allow to rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate until time of use, and then refrigerate unused portion
- Combine Negroni, Gin, Pomegrante and Cranberry Juice, Orange juice, simply syrup and ice in cocktail shaker
- Shake vigorously to combine, then pour into glass.
- Garnish with orange twist and pomegranate juice. Enjoy!
I’m just here for the boos. Happy Halloween! We’d love to see pics of you and your pals sippin’ on this deadly cocktail! Tag us on Instagram, use the #rivercitysisters or send us an email at email@example.com.