Halloween Cocktail Recipe
Crunchy leaves, cozy sweaters and Halloween movies on TV … It’s definitely October. And what goes better with a spooky movie on a crisp day than a cool autumn cocktail? This halloween cocktail recipe is so simple, but so good, and thanks to a dash of pomegranate juice and wedge of orange, it is perfect for fall. This Black Magic Cocktail is a take on a negroni cocktail, minus the vermouth which we are personally not huge fans of. The pomegranate juice gives it a nice dark colour, but to make it a tad more spooky, I’ve added just the tiniest bit of black food colouring.
For this Spook-tacular Halloween Cocktail Recipe, we used Wild Life Distillery’s Classic Gin , which embodies balance. This delicious gin has juniper and citrus notes that pop on the nose. Fresh lemon and blood orange are layered in , with classic juniper and coriander close behind. The ideal spirit for this spooky libation!!
So cue up Hocus Pocus, grab the ingredients and get shaking. Cheers, witches!
Here’s What you Need for this Halloween Cocktail Recipe:
(Makes 2 cocktails)
For simple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 ounces Campari
- 2 ounces Wild Life Distillery Classic Gin
- 4 ounces pomegranate cranberry juice (I used Ocean Spray, which you can find at your local grocery store!)
- Juice from two wedges of orange
- 1 Tbsp simple syrup
- 1 drop of black food colouring (optional)
- Cotton Candy for Garnish
For simple syrup
- Combine sugar and water in small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and allow to rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate until time of use, and then refrigerate unused portion
- Combine Campari, Gin, Pomegranate and Cranberry Juice, Orange juice, simple syrup and ice in cocktail shaker
- Shake vigorously to combine, then pour into glass.
- Garnish with orange twist and pomegranate seeds. Enjoy this Black Magic Gin Cocktail!
We’re just here for the boos! Happy Halloween! We’d love to see pics of you and your pals sippin’ on this deadly cocktail! Tag us on Instagram, use the #rivercitysisters or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thanks to out pals at Wild Life Distillery for sponsoring this post. As always, our recipes, ideas and opinions are our own.