We sisters are alllll about fun and creative salads. We love to eat healthy, but get bored easily so we are constantly creating new recipes to keep meals times equal parts interesting and delicious! Plus, there’s something about the warmer months (when they eventually arrive in Alberta!) that have us gravitating towards crisp salads loaded with fresh fruits and vegetables as a side dish whether it be on a weeknight or when entertaining on the weekend. This salad is the ideal accompaniment to grilled chicken, fish or steak…basically anything that you are throwing on the grill. It even pairs perfectly with our delicious Ribs and Warm Potato Salad if you are hosting a BBQ!
The inspiration for this salad was bright color so Richelle picked some of the most vibrant, fresh fruits and veggies she could get her hands on!
Heres What You Need:
- 1 Watermelon Radish, thinly sliced and quartered (found at the Italian Center Shop)
- 1 large Orange (peeled, sections cut in thirds)
- 3 Cups Arugula
- 1/4 cup Chives, Chopped
- 1/2 Small Green Cabbage (Thinly sliced and Chopped)
- 1/3 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Multicoloured mini tomatoes
For the Dressing:
- Juice from one Medium sized Lime
- 1/3 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare all produce. Thinly slice and quarter Radish slices. You can use a mandolin if you have or just a very sharp knife. Peel and cut sections of Oranges. Chop Chives and Green Cabbage (bite size pieces). Thinly slice Onion.
- Combine all produce in a salad Bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine everything but Avocado Oil.
- Slowly whisk in Avocado Oil
- Pour Dressing over salad immediately before serving! Don’t dress too early or arugula will wilt.