We recently purchased a “julienne” tool, and we have to admit, we are totally OBSESSED with it.. Julienne all the veggies! Its so easy to use and dare we say it, makes eating veggies so much more fun! Kids LOVE it too!!!
We started using this to peel carrots for Tacos, and then had the brain wave to use it for salads! Enter the effortless and crisp Cucumber + Carrot slaw. Bright, bold Thai flavors mixed with cool crunchy veggies… #winning.
Here’s What you need:
-Julienne peeler, Spiralizer (or knife if you don’t have either!)
-1 Large Long English Cucumber
– 3 Large Organic Carrots
-1/2 Large Hass Avocado if desired
-2 tsp Cilantro
-2 tbsp. Sesame seeds, separated
– 1 tbsp chopped Green Onions or Chives
-2 tbsp. Rice Vinegar
-1 tbsp. Sesame Oil
– 1 tbsp. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
-1/2 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
-Pinch of Red Chili Flakes (to taste)
1. Julienne/Spiralized/ Chop Cucumber and Carrot into “noodles” or sticks approx. 1/4 cm in width
2. Chop Cilantro and cube Avocado if desired
3. Mix Vegetables in a medium-sized Bowl, set aside.
4. Whisk together dressing ingredients
5. Add dressing to salad mixture and serve!
*Note: This salad/ Slaw tastes AMAZING of marinated over night (Just don’t add avocado until about to serve). Is excellent served with Grilled Chicken, or shrimp or in Thai Lettuce Wraps! *