Refreshing and Unique Easter Egg Cocktail
Every time Eau Claire Craft creates a new spirit in their amazing distillery, I fall in love and dub it my favorite libation- until they come up with another one… and then the cycle continues! Ha, Ha. Such is the case with Eau Claire’s UNBELIEVABLE New Saskatoon Honey Gin. I’ll just call it my “current fave” since I’m sure they will be wow-ing us with a new seasonal addition in a few months (*crosses fingers AND toes*). And it’s the main star in the best Easter cocktail recipe!
As you may have surmised, Gin is my spirit of choice for mixing delicious cocktails, and I can get behind pretty much anything honey related- so this really is a dream pairing for an amateur mixologist! This particular gin is smooth, sweet and floral- not to mention us a beautiful blush hue thanks to the combination of local Alberta honey and saskatoon berries!
As soon as I saw this gin, I knew it would be absolutely perfect for an Easter Cocktail recipe! I was inspired by the idea of Alberta Saskatoons, but they are obviously not in season.. so I decided to turn to the saskatoon’s closest fruit relative-the blueberry! The combination of the blueberry syrup with the blush gin creates this lovely purple color- much like an Easter Egg!
Here’s What you Need for the Best Easter Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz Eau Claire Craft Saskatoon Honey Gin
- 2 Cups Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup sugar (or substitute)
- 2 cups water
- 2 Large Lemons, Juiced
- 5 springs fresh time
- Ice cubes
- In a pot over medium heat make your simple blueberry syrup. Boil water, blueberries and sugar until liquid is reduced by half
- Remove pot from heat, add in three sprigs thyme and let cool
- Once syrup has cooled, remove thyme from syrup and pour 1 oz blueberry syrup, 2 oz Gin, lemon juice and ice cubes into shaker.
- Shake it, shake it like a Polaroid picture! Strain into glassware
- Top with soda and garnish with lemon zest and additional sprig of thyme
Make this delectable gin cocktail and love it? Share on instagram!
Huge thanks to our friends at Eau Claire Distillery for sponsoring this post. As always, our thoughts, opinions and recipes are our own.
I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don’t know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!