Apple Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
I got the idea for this apple oatmeal cookie recipe from my friend Nicole, who, wonderful gal that she is, made them for Bowen when he was a toddler. He went through this weird phase where he refused to eat anything for breakfast… until she brought these over! Now that Frankie is on the same annoying am hunger strike, I thought I would do my best to re-create these from memory. Shock of all shocks- they worked out!
The best part about these Oat Cookies are how quick and EASY they are to whip together. With only five ingredients, they are impossible to mess up. The second best part is that there are no allergens, refined sugars or gluten in them. Just delicious whole foods that anyone- child or adult can enjoy! I should also mention that if you are (or wanting to be) an ‘Oatmeal for Breakfast’ person, but are rushed in the mornings, this is the perfect alternative. Same great ingredients, but far easier to eat on the run than traditional oatmeal in a bowl!
Here’s What you Need for the Apple Oatmeal Cookies Recipe:
- 1 1/2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup unsweetened Organic Apple Sauce
- 1 Ripe Banana, Mashed
- 1 1/2 tsp Honey
- Cinnamon to taste (my kids like a lot!)
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees F
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Form into ball-ish shapes
- Bake on sheet lined with parchment for 5-7 mins until golden