Easy Candy Cane Fudge Truffles
Candy Cane Truffles Recipe
A few years ago I wanted to make fudge truffles for Mackenzie’s annual Holiday baking exchange, and had such a hard time trying to find a recipe that was simple with only a few uncomplicated ingredients. I am NOT the baking sister! So I sort of “fudged it” – pun not intended (ha, ha!) and these were the result! Super delicious, creamy, deliciously peppermint-y but not too sweet! I actually make a huge batch at the start of the season, freeze them and use for different events as needed. I take out however many I need, and roll in the crushed candy canes right before serving. PERFECTION. This Candy Cane Truffles recipe makes about 15 truffles so double or triple if you want to have more!
Heres What you Need for the Candy Cane Truffles Recipe:
- 1 cup chocolate chips ( I use the dairy free, but use whatever you feel!)
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint extract
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Softened Cream cheese ( I use light, but – use what you prefer!)
- 1/3 cup Candy cane (crushed)
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in mixer (or by hand) until smooth.
- Slowly melt chocolate chips in microwave, 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between.. careful to not burn them! You can also use a saucepan if you are anti- microwave.
- Add chocolate and peppermint extract to cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth and well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Use a food scoop to measure out chocolate, roll it in between your hands into a smooth ball, then roll in a bowl of crushed candy canes.
- As mentioned above, I like to freeze and then roll in canes right before serving. This is because the candy canes start to absorb moisture from the chocolate and can become a sticky mess.
Leave a Comment