Fall is HERE! Fall Is HERE!!! If you’ve been following along for a while now, you will know there is no season we love more! And no “sister date” we enjoy more than an afternoon together roaming the aisles and checking out alll the wonderful home decor ideas at the Edmonton Fall Home Show. It’s coming up quickly- and will be here again October 18-20th at the Edmonton Expo Center.
We tend to go a liiiiittle crazy when it comes to fall decor, because, lets face it- Fall items are freaking cute!!! And its pretty much impossible NOT to come home with another pumpkin each time you go to the grocery store, amirite? That being said, we both want to be more budget conscious this fall, so we wanted to create some adorable Fall Tablescapes for dinner parties or Thanksgiving that can easily be re- purposed into other items such as Fall wreaths, Halloween Decorations, Christmas Garland and even Easter Decorations!!
Here’s what we used:
- Mini pumpkins (One bag of Orange, on bag of Ghost. Both Found at Superstore for $3 a bag!)
- Spray Paint in Gold, Black and Chalk Grey (or whatever your preference.. found at Michaels)
- Faux Eucalyptus Greenery Found at 40% off at Michaels ($6 per strand, 3 strands)
- Pre-made Garland with Greenery, Oranges and white florals found at Michaels (40% off- 15.99)
- Fake Florals found at Michaels ($2 per flower. 3 or 4 Bigger or 4-6 smaller- Keep these to re- use at Easter!) I used White Hydrangea and a Light Blush Peony type flower.
- Placemats (The Light Grey are from West Elm, the Dark Grey Urban Barn. Use whatever you have on hand!)
- “Greatful” Napkins from Homesense/ Winners / Marshalls $3/package
- Gold/ White linen Napkins and Gold Napkin Rings are from West Elm. (not on sale – but oh so lovely!)
- Candles are old, from Restoration Hardware.
Classic Fall Look:
For the Classic Fall look, start by placing the greenery on the table, adding Garland over top. Then place a mixture of Ghost and Orange Mini pumpkins, and candles (large or small, whatever you have on hand!) alternating down the length of the table. Set the Table as you would with your Placemats, plates and Cutlery and add a fun napkin in the center of each plate.
For a more unique Fall look, I decided to use the same greenery above as a base, and incorporate some of the White and Light Blush florals in conjunction with the gold pumpkins (ghost pumpkins spray painted gold). Then I used my lighter placemats and more formal napkins to finish the look.
Which is your Favorite tablescape? Are you a fan of more Traditional looks when It comes to Fall decor, or are you open to switching it up? Let us know your thoughts on our most recent Instagram Post!
To re- purpose your Pumpkins for Halloween with our easy and FUN Punk-in DIY Click here. AND get even more bang for your buck by re- using the Greenery by twisting into a circular shape, tying with twine and using as a fall wreath on your door, or save that greenery for Christmas time. Richelle is keeping the florals and setting aside for Easter Decor!
For More Fall decor Inspiration and ideas on elevating your dinner settings, be sure to stop by the Edmonton Fall Home Show October 18-20 at the Northlands Expo Center, where Jennifer Hughes of Turquoise Chair will feature three delectable tablescapes this year in the Dinner x Design Series! For More information about the Edmonton Fall Home show, or to purchase tickets, click here!
*This post was done in partnership with the Edmonton Fall Home Show. As always, the thoughts, opinions and ideas within the post are our own.*