3 Delicious and Easy Must Bake Recipes for the Holidays
Easy Baking Recipes for the Holidays
Nothing gets us sisters into the Holiday Spirit like Christmas baking with our kids! We are both sticklers for tradition, so we always make our “secret” family baking recipe passed down to us from our paternal Grandmother- these amazing (and not so secret anymore!) Caramel Bombs, and these binge worthy Twix cookies.
But recently we flipped through some old holiday recipe cards and realized we had yet to share this family favourite- Sweet and Spicy Cinnamon Snickerdoodle’s!
Here’s What you Need for the Sweet & Spicy Snickerdoodle Recipe for the Holidays:
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups white flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs white sugar
- 3 tsp of cinnamon (you can add more if you love cinnamon like me!)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix sugar and softened butter until combined, then add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients until fully incorporated
- Refrigerate dough and ungreased baking sheets for 10 minutes. (If you don’t have room in your fridge for your pans, place them in your freezer for 3-5 minutes instead)
- Scoop dough into “timbit” (or 1tbs size) balls, roll in cinnamon sugar and coat well. It’s ok if you need to press the dough into the mixture, just re-shape into a ball again.
- Place on cooled ungreased baking sheet
- Tip: chill dough and pans between batches! Dough balls should not be placed on hot cookie sheet.
- Bake for ten minutes and remove from on top cooking rack immediately.
Happy Holiday Baking!! If you love these recipes for the holidays, be sure to share and tag us on Instagram!
Leave a Comment