Spring Orzo Salad Recipe
As the weather warms, I find myself craving lighter fare- particularly fresh and flavorful salads. In my opinion, there’s nothing better that a cool and crisp salad enjoyed along side grilled protein. Makes for and easy and simple meal!
I love to create salads that are colorful and vibrant with a variety of fun ingredients and a zesty home made dressing. This refreshing Orzo pasta salad is exactly that! Inspired by one of my dearest friends, who just happens to be Italian (and an amazing home chef in her own right!), it is loaded with crisp veggies and herbs and is light and delicious. Pair this spring orzo salad along side your favorite barbecued protein- it goes great with everything from grilled fish to chicken to steak.
This delicious orzo salad will become a summer staple in your home- especially if you have little pasta lovers! My kids go crazy for anything pasta related- so this is a great way to get them to mix in a few extra vegetables! Without any further ado- here’s one the best orzo salad recipes!
Here’s What you Need For the Spring Orzo Salad Recipe:
For the Salad
- 2 Cups Orzo, cooked
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Radicchio, chopped (quarter sized pieces)
- 2 – 3 Cups Arugula
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Chickpeas, strained, rinsed and patted dry
- 3-4 Large carrot’s, julienned
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Chives, Chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2-3 Lemons, thinly sliced (for garnish)
For the Dressing
- 1/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves, Garlic
- 1 tsp Honey (or sweetener of choice)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- Boil your Orzo in heavily salted water. Once cooked Al dente, strain, add salt + pepper and add 1/3 cup olive oil to orzo.
- While Orzo cools, combine all dressing ingredients in a mason jar or small container and shake well.
- Now prepare your vegetables. Chop, slice and julienne to your hearts content!
- If I’m hosting, I like to keep all the vegetables and herbs separate (for aesthetics!) and mix together right before serving. But you can also just toss everything into the bowl at once if you’re not one for presentation!
- Add your cooled Orzo and strained chickpeas.
- Shred Parmesan on top (to taste) and drizzle dressing over the orzo salad. Enjoy!
Did you make this orzo salad and Love it? We want to hear from you! Drop us a line at email@example.com or share on Instagram!