Gingerbread Cocktail Recipe for the Holidays
The Holiday Season is HERE!
We do love us a glammed up holiday fete (any excuse to dress up these days.. right??) but, we definitely do enjoy an excuse to saddle up on the couch with a solid cocktail (or mocktail!) and a Hallmark Movie.
Richelle’s cocktail of choice this year has been anything with gin, so naturally, we had to create this drink with one of Alberta’a Best- Park Distillery’s. Park Alpine Dry Gin. Distilled with glacier fresh water right in Banff National Park, this unique and fresh Gin is infused with hand-picked Canadian Spruce Tips that define this London dry style Gin. You’ll love this Gingerbread Cocktail for the holidays!
This Gin + Gingerbread is perfect for setting the Christmas mood whether you are wrapping presents or watching Netflix!
Here’s What You Need for the Gingerbread Cocktail Recipe:
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Brown Sugar (or substitute! I use Stevia)
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 8 Allspice Berries
- 6 Whole Cloves
- 1 – inch long Fresh Ginger Root
- 4 Oz Park Distillery Alpine Dry Gin
- 10 Oz Sparkling water
- First things first! Make the Gingerbread syrup. In a medium sized sauce pan, bring sugar and water to boil. Stir occasionally to help the sugar melt. Once boiling, reduce the heat and add the spices and ginger that you have peeled and sliced.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the syrup is infused with spices (taste with a spoon to see if you like it. Leave for longer, if needed). *Store in a clean jar/bottle sealed with a lid in the fridge. If stored properly, it can last up to 2 weeks*
- When you are ready to make your cocktail, combine 1 Oz Gingerbread Syrup with the Gin, Sparkling Water and Ice in a cocktail mixing glass. Stir for 30s then strain into cocktail glasses. Garnish with a mini gingerbread cookie or candied ginger.