Raise your hand if you are a parent, always trying to “sneak” healthy ingredients into your kids food! It seems like it’s a constant battle trying to find snacks with nutritional value that children actually like. I used to make oat protein muffins for Bowen when he was just over a year old, and he LOVED them (I can’t actually remember why I stopped making them!) So I amended that recipe, and viola!
The best part about these muffins is that you literally throw everything into a blender, mix, and then pour into a muffin tin. Healthy ingredients, super simple process.. perfect for those of us with a million things going on!
Added Bonus- these muffins look like Frankenstein.. just in time for Halloween! These would be ideal for class Halloween parties- gluten free, dairy free and nut free for those with allergies!
Heres What you Need:
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups oats ( I used organic, old fashioned )
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mini Chocolate Chips ( I used Organic semi- sweet)
- Preheat over to 400 F
- Blend all ingredients in blender (except Chocolate chips!)
- Grease muffin tin with coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- Pour blende mixture into greased tin
- Top with Chocolate chips ( Bowen loves to help with this part! If kids are involved they are much more likely to eat it!)
- Bake for 10-12 Minutes
- These also freeze wonderfully if you make a big batch!
Have a Happy Halloween! We’d love to see your Monster Muffins! Be sure to tag us on instagram or send us an email at email@example.com