We LOOVVVE us a good warm potato salad! Which, you probably already know, if you’ve tried our epic recipe! But, with Mackenzie trying to minimize her dairy intake, I thought it might be a great time to “clean- up” one of our best recipes and make it a bit more healthy!
This recipe is fantastic because you still get all of the delicious hearty flavors from the potatoes, bacon, and corn but the fresh scallions and dill really bring it to a new level- you won’t even miss the sour cream- we promise! Plus- the added arugula makes you feel like you are eating more of a “salad” salad… so there! haha.
Here’s What you’ll need:
- 5 medium/large red potatoes
- 1 cup of corn (canned,fresh or thawed frozen corn will work)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (+ more for garnish if desired)
- 2 green onions diced (+ more for garnish if desired)
- parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- paprika to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and cut potatoes into bite sized chunks, no need to peel!
- In a large mixing bow, combine potatoes garlic and corn. Coat well with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and a generous amount of paprika.
- Pour into baking dish or onto baking sheet and bake until tender (about 30 minutes)
- Meanwhile, mix the following ingredients for the dressing: mustard, lemon juice, olive oil green onion and fresh dill.
- Once potatoes are done, removed from oven and transfer to salad bowl. Add bacon and stir to combine, then add dressing. Sprinkle parmesan and extra dill and green onions if desired.