Guinness Flavored Pulled Pork
In honor of St. Patrick’s day this week, we thought we would do an Irish-influenced dish. I’m fairly certain this recipe doesn’t qualify as authentic Irish cuisine. But it is pretty darn melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Plus this is a very “hands- off” meal idea, your slow cooker and a can of Guinness do all the work for you!
-4lb Pork (loin, butt, shoulder whatever is available! We Recommend boneless!)
-2 cloves pressed Garlic
– 1/2 cup chopped leek (or white onion if you prefer
– 1 Can/ Bottle Guinness Stout
-1 tbsp. smoked Paprika
-1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (or more, if you prefer!)
-Salt + Pepper to taste
– Lay Leeks or onions along the bottom of crock pot
-Place pork on top of leeks in crock pot
-spread garlic cloves on top of pork
-sprinkle paprika, red pepper flakes, salt + pepper on top of garlic
-pour Guinness into crock pot around pork
– Turn crock pot on low for 8 hours
– at 8 hour mark, shred pork with two forks, mix in with remaining liquid
– cover and leave pork in crock pot at least another hour
-Serve with Irish Soda Bread, Between Pretzel Buns or with Potatoes!
*We wanted to keep our dinner as healthy as possible so we paired with simple Roast Brussel Sprouts and carrots!*
Happy (early) St. Patricks Day!
xo The River City Sisters
PS- We’d LOVE to hear how your Guinness Pulled pork turned out! Tag us @rivercitysisters on Instagram or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Comment