Halloween Chocolate Monster Bark Treat
Monster Bark Recipe
Our love of Fall goes beyond the chunky knit sweater- we truly are huge fans of Halloween! Mostly the spooky side of it….but also the sweet side. Every year we make caramel apples to celebrate the season, but for the past several years, we have added this delicious and simple chocolate Monster Bark into the rotation too!
This Monster Bark is quite possibly the easiest treat you’ll ever make. Taking only ten minutes to whip up, this monster bark recipe is weeknight and last minute friendly! It also incredibly flexible and forgiving, which makes it a perfect activity to do with your littles. All you need is chocolate and candy of your choosing. It’s that simple.
To create the cutest and yummiest Monster Bark, I hit up Save-on-Foods bulk section for Halloween themed treats, and melting chocolate, Winners/Homesense for the bone shaped sprinkles, and Party City for the eyeball sprinkles. You can literally use whatever candies, and whatever quantity you desire. This recipe will half, double, triple, quadruple…. you get the point. Did I mention how easy this Monster Bark recipe is?
Here’s What you Need:
Makes about 3/4 baking sheet- 16 large pieces of Monster Bark.
- 2 cups of chocolate chips, chopped baking chocolate, or melting chocolate
- 1 handful of assorted candies of your choice- as many or as few as you’d like.
- In a double boiler over medium low heat, melt chocolate, stirring often to prevent burning
- Meanwhile, line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once chocolate is fully melted and smooth in consistency, pour over baking sheet and spread evenly to desired thickness. 2 cups of chocolate will coat about 3/4 of a pan
- Evenly distribute candies over melted chocolate.
- Place pan in fridge or freezer for a few minutes to set
- Once set, remove from fridge or freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes, so its not brittle.
- Either break or cut the bark into pieces.
- Serve Halloween Bark on a festive platter or in Halloween themed treat bags.
Bone Appetit! Have a Spooktacular Halloween! Did you make this Monster Bark recipe?! Let us know by e-mailing us at email@example.com or show off on Instagram by tagging us!
Leave a Comment