Holiday Cocktail Recipe
Gin Lovers Rejoice!! This Holiday Gin Smash is about to make your next Holiday gathering the event of the season! Even if its only a gathering for you and your pet cat. Ha Ha
We need to thank our friend, Anna for the inspiration for this epic Holiday cocktail. Anna, a fellow gin aficionado, passed on her recommendation of Eau Claire Distillery’s Christmas Gin and her tried and true gin smash recipe! After a few small changes- this is the result!
Here’s What you Need for the Gin Smash Holiday Cocktail Recipe:
- Eau Claire Distillery Christmas Gin
- 4-5 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 a lemon
- Soda Water
- Fresh Ginger 2-3 Loonie sized Chunks (to taste)
- 1 cup Regular Water
- 1 Cup Sugar or Sugar Substitute
- Start by making a Rosemary simple syrup. Don’t groan! It’s actually a lot less work than you think. Bring one cup water and one cup sugar (or substitute) and two sprigs of Rosemary to boil in a saucepan until liquid reduces to half. Strain out Rosemary and let cool. This will keep in the refrigerator for WEEKS!!
- Muddle the lemon and Ginger in the bottom of your cocktail shaker
- Add 4 oz Christmas Gin and 1 oz simple syrup to the shaker.
- Add 1/4 Cup Cranberry juice and shake to combine.
- Pour into your glass of choice and top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and serve!