Italian Inspired Chop Salad
I came up with this idea while roaming the amazing aisles at the Italian Center Shop. Everything in that store is positively amazing- from the incredible deli to the (cheap!) and great quality produce, to the aisles of unique European products. I swear, in anther life, I was Italian!
As many of you know, I’m on a mission to eat more SALAD in 2017. In order to do that, I want to create salad that is delicious, interesting AND Healthy. So why not combine several of my favorite Italian ingredients into a salad? Plus, I may have said this before, but this DRESSING is one of my all time best creations. Its a masterpiece. Even the most salad-hating individuals in your life will be into it! Promise!
– 1 Container Organic Arugula
– 1 Cup Basil, washed + Chopped
-1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
-1/2 Cup chopped Salami ( I used 1/4 cup peppered and 1/2 cup parmesano) I know Salami and cured meats are not exactly what most would deem “healthy”, but you know what? Life is all about balance!
-2/3 Cup Fresh mozzarella pearls (can also buy cubed!)
-1 cup cucumber, washed + sliced
– Fresh Lemon Juice from 1 full lemon
-2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
-3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
-1 tsp. dried Oregano
-1 tsp Truvia (or sugar if you prefer)
-2 cloves garlic, pressed
-1/3 cup Olive Oil
-Pepper ( I figure there’s enough salt in the salami!)
1. Combine salad ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well
2. In a smaller bowl whisk together dressing ingredients
3. Drizzle dressing over vegetable/meat/ cheese mixture
4. Serve with grilled chicken or fish if desired! *I added leftover chicken to mine for lunch and it was perfect!*
Leave a Comment