If you are anything like us, when the temperatures drop, we immediately start craving comfort foods! The problem with comfort foods though, is traditionally they are not the most healthy. This stew however, is an exception! Loaded with fresh veggies and bold flavours, it brings both the nutrition we want, and the heartiness to satisfy! It is also gluten free and Whole 30 Compliant. Essentially, perfection in every spoonful!
Here is What you Need:
- 1 Can Navy Beans or White Kidney Beans
- 1 pkg Ground Italian Sausage (I like the HOT version for more flavour, you can also sub turkey or chicken if you do not like red meat)
- 1 Bunch Dinosaur Or Curly Kale
- 5 Carrots Peeled and chopped into medallions
- 1/2 White Onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic, Pressed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 cups Bone Broth
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large pot, sauté olive oil, Chopped onion and pressed garlic on medium heat until fragrant
- Add in meat, and brown.
- Once Meat is browned, add in bone broth and reduce heat to low.
- De-vein Kale and chop coarsely.
- Add in Kale and White Beans
- Add salt and pepper as desired
- Simmer on low for minimum half an hour. (the longer you simmer, the better the flavours!)
- Add Carrots shortly before serving.
- You can also add tortellini if desired!