A few years ago I found these incredible Coconut coated chicken tenders at Costco. Gluten Free, Organic, Delicious. Sadly, Costco only carried them for a short period of time. Regardless of the fact that they haven’t had them in stock for almost three years, EVERY time I go, I always check to see if they are there. It never occurred to me until last week to try and replicate them (insert face palm emoji here). I experimented with a few different ingredients and let me tell you- the result was nothing short of AMAZING. My friends. These will BLOW YOUR MIND! Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Organic, high in protein and containing none of the other garbage that comes with pre- packaged chicken. Plus these have a fantastic flavor- with a little zip! A perfect option for kids or as a healthy accompaniment to a salad for kidult lunches!
I wont lie, they are slightly labor intensive to make, so I often double or triple the recipe and then freeze so that I can use as needed. Invest an hour of work at the outset, and they are a great guilt free and fast option down the road!
- 2 Organic Chicken Breasts, Boneless, skinless, thinly sliced into strips
- 1.5 Cup Gluten Free Panko Bread Crumbs ( can sub non GF )
- 1.5 Cups Organic Shredded Raw Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Cashew Milk (Can sub coconut Milk, Almond Milk or Skim Milk depending on preference)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Paprika ( or more if you like it Spicier!)
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat over to 375 Farenheight.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, combine panko crumbs, shredded coconut Garlic Powder, Paprika, Salt + Pepper
- In a second mixing bowl combine Eggs, Milk and extra Paprika (if preferred)
- Slice Chicken into thin strips
- Place Chicken strips into egg/ milk mixture and thoroughly coat.
- Transfer chicken strips 5- 10 at a time (depending on size) to crumb bowl, and ensure all strips are evenly coated.
- Place coated strips on to cookie sheet
- Repeat steps 7 & 8 until all strips are coated
- Place Cookie sheet in oven for 10- 12 minutes, Flipping strips to ensure even cook.
- If you are planning to freeze strips, you may want to cook a little less time so that they can become “golden” in color when you re- heat later.
- It is still advised that strips are cooked fully to prevent salmonella (even if you are freezing for later consumption)
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!
We’d love to hear how much you enjoyed these tasty and zesty Chicken Strips! Send us a note email@example.com or tag us on Instagram @rivercitysisters.