Limoncello Collins Cocktail Recipe
Summer may be drawing to a close (insert sad face here!) but, on the bright side, we eat Italian cuisine alllllllll year long and this Limoncello Collins cocktail is the ideal Apéritif to start any Italian meal! Pasta, Pizza Crostini- you name it- the Limoncello Collins cuts the rich flavors beautifully!
Light, refreshing and perfectly tart- this will quickly become a go-to on your cocktail menu! The Mint simple syrup rounds out the bright lemony essence and adds a lovely subtle herbaceousness.
Here’s What you Need for the Limoncello Collins Cocktail Recipe:
- 2 Bunches Fresh Mint
- 2 Cups Sugar or sugar substitute of your choice
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Oz Limoncello
- 3 Large Lemons, Juiced
- 2 Oz Lemon Gin
- Soda Water
- Start by making your Mint Simple Syrup. Boil 2 Cups sugar (or substitute) and 2 cups water until reduced to half. Add mint leaves while syrup cools. Once cooled, remove mint leaves.
- In a cocktail shaker, add in 2 Oz Limoncello, 2 Oz Lemon Gin, 1 Oz Mint Simple Syrup, Lemon Juice and Ice
- Shake it! Shake it like a Polaroid Picture!
- Strain into cocktail glasses and top with soda water.