Modern Ukrainian Salad Recipe
This is one of my most frequently made, and most popular salad recipes that friends and family love every time I serve it… so I figured it was high time to share! This delicious salad uses so many wonderful, local and organic ingredients from both the Root Cellar and Market Garden section of my favorite Grocery Store, Freson Bros! If you haven’t been to check out the amazing new Freson location in Rabbit Hill in Edmonton, it is a must visit! With so many incredible and unique items, and a focus on supporting local growers, ranchers and producers a trip to Freson’s feels like a culinary experience, not just a weekly errand! You can find everything you’ll need to make this amazing Modern Ukrainian Salad at Freson’s!
I named this salad the Modern Ukrainian because It has a few items that are traditionally used in Ukrainian cuisine- namely the beets and dill. My grandparents were both born and raised in a small Alberta town with a large Ukrainian community, so even though we aren’t Ukrainian, I practically lived on beets and dill flavoured everything as a child!
This kale salad is definitely reminiscent of some of the ones my Gram used to create, and makes use of so many fresh, vibrant flavours and colors. It will surely be a hit in your household too!
Without any further ado- here is the delicious salad recipe!
Here’s What you Need to Make the Modern Ukrainian Salad:
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vineagar
- salt + pepper (to taste)
- 1 Bunch Kale (Washed, Chopped)
- 3-4 Large red Beets (Peeled, cooked and chopped)
- 1/2 Red Onion, Thinly sliced
- 4 small oranges, peeled
- 1/4 Cup Feta, Crumbled
- 1 bunch Dill, chopped (to taste)
- Handful of Pistachios
- Put all dressing ingredients in a small container , or mason jar and shake
- Prepare/ chop all vegetables and dill and mix together in a bowl
- Right before serving, drizzle dressing over top
- Garnish with feta and pistachios
- Viola, the best kale salad you’ll ever have!
Did you make this kale salad and LOVE it??? Let us know or share by tagging us on instagram!
A Huge thanks to our friends at Freson Bros. For sponsoring this post. As always, our thoughts, opinions and recipes are our own.