My love of fall goes beyond loving pumpkin spiced everything and sweater weather… I am truly a huge fan of Halloween. Mostly the spooky side of it….but also the sweet side. Every year I make caramel apples to celebrate the season, but this year I decided to branch out and try something new. Enter Monster Bark: quite possibly the easiest treat you’ll ever make. Taking only ten minutes to whip up, this recipe weeknight and last minute friendly! It also incredibly flexible and forgiving, which makes it a perfect activity to do with your littles. All you need is chocolate and candy of your choosing. Its that simple.
I hit up Save-on-Foods bulk section for Halloween themed treats, and melting chocolate, Winners/Homesense for the bone shaped sprinkles, and Party City for the eyeball sprinkles. You can literally use whatever candies, and whatever quantity you desire. This recipe will half, double, triple, quadruple…. you get the point. Did I mention how easy this is?
Makes about 3/4 baking sheet- 16 large pieces.
- 2 cups of chocolate chips, chopped baking chocolate, or melting chocolate
- 1 handful of assorted candies of your choice- as many or as few as you’d like.
- In a double boiler over medium low heat, melt chocolate, stirring often to prevent burning
- Meanwhile, line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once chocolate is fully melted and smooth in consistency, pour over baking sheet and spread evenly to desired thickness. 2 cups of chocolate will coat about 3/4 of a pan
- Evenly distribute candies over melted chocolate.
- Place pan in fridge or freezer for a few minutes to set
- Once set, remove from fridge or freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes, so its not brittle.
- Either break or cut the bark into pieces.
- Serve on a festive platter or in Halloween themed treat bags.
Bone Appetit! Have a Spooktacular Halloween!
Did you make this recipe?! Let us know by e-mailing us at email@example.com or show off on Instagram by tagging us @rivercitysisters, or using the hashtag #rivercitysisters