I LOVE Risotto! LOVE IT! Unfortunately every time I make it on the stove it sucks. Ha. Ha. Its so time consuming and requires constant stirring and attention… I always end up messing it up. Enter – my savior- the instant pot. I actually had no idea you could do Risotto in there until a friend suggested it a while ago! I wont hold you in suspense- GAME CHANGED.
Now that I figured out how to cook it perfectly (or rather, the pot did) I just had to figure out the right ratios. Lemon Risotto can be a challenge because a little lemon goes a LOOOOOONG way, as I discovered on attempts 1 through 5. Fortunately for you however, you don’t have to repeat my mistakes.. you can simply follow this recipe to the letter!
Here’s What You Need:
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 White onion (finely sliced and chopped)
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic, crushed + one clove (crushed)
- 1/2 Cup White Wine ( I usually use a New Zealand Pino Gris)
- 2 Cups Arborio Rice
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon + lemon zest + more lemon to taste
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- salt/pepper to taste
- Sprig of Rosemary
- Sprig of Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Brussels Sprouts (Shaved)
- Parmegano Cheese
- Chili Flakes to taste
- Parsley or Basil (garnish)
- On sauté mode, melt your butter in the Instant Pot
- Once it’s melted, add in onions and garlic. Cook them for around 1-2 minutes, until softened.
- Next add in the white wine, give it a stir, then add your arborio rice.
- Stir together for a few minutes letting some of the wine cook soak in.
- Add in the lemon juice. Continue to stir for another minute.
- Now, pour in the stock, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Put on the Instant Pot lid and switch the setting to manual pressure for 6 minutes and then let the pot natural release for 10 minutes afterwards before quick releasing.
- On the stove top, head olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add in garlic and then Brussells and sautee 3-4 minutes until Brussels are bright green (air on the side of al dente! You don’t want them over cooked!)
- The Risotto should now be ready. Open the lid carefully, stir in the shaved sprouts lemon zest, and parmesan. For more lemon flavor, you can squeeze more juice in at this point.
- Garnish with Chili Flakes, parsley or basil and more parmegano to taste.
- Buon Appeitito!
Make this recipe and LOVE it? Share it on instagram and be sure to tag us!