Pumpkin Cheesecake Sugar Cookies
We are STILL hanging on to Fall over here, and that means we aren’t done with Pumpkin quite yet! We are both lovers of a good Sugar Cookie and adding the Pumpkin + Spice to these ones just takes them to the next level! Top with a health-ified version of Cream Cheese icing and BOOM.. a treat everyone can indulge in! These would also be a great option for upcoming Halloween Parties and Events!
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/3 cup unflavored vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened ( I used Western Family Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese to make a slightly healthier version!)
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar (depending on your desired consistency & sweetness of frosting)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice and set aside.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream together butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg yolks one at a time. Add pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Scoop dough out and shape into 3 Tbsp balls. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheets (you’ll likely fit about 6-8 per sheet, these are fairly large cookies), evenly flatten cookies into rounds until they are slightly under 1/2-inch thick.
Bake about 11 – 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool frost with Healthy-ish Cream Cheese Frosting. Store in an airtight container.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and the cream cheese.
- Slowly blend in the powdered sugar and vanilla, then beat until smooth and well-combined.
- The longer you whip this icing the lighter and fluffier it will become!
How much did you LOVE this recipe? We want to hear from you! Visit us on Instagram or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Comment