September is upon us, which means one thing in our household- sh*t is about to get HECTIC!!
With the return to school, extracurricular activities and full time work schedule, I have to be more organized and prepared than ever if I don’t want to be reliant on the drive thru for dinner!
Enter this spectacular one pot pasta meal.
This recipe is so simple and delicious, with the incredible flavor from Fuge’s Pork Italian Sausage being the star of the dish!
Each Fuge Sausage is made with the highest quality ingredients and seasoned to perfection. Annnd the texture is melt in your mouth amazing, making all of Fuge’s Sausages a huge hit with everyone in our household!
The depth of flavor in the Pork Italian Sausage comes from the combination of fennel, coriander, onion, chili, garlic and red wine – and believe me when I say, it totally elevate this meal, while pairing perfectly with the freshness of pesto, arugula and parsley!
This crowd pleaser comes together in under ten minutes- making it a weeknight staple in our house, especially this time of year.
Now, let’s get to the recipe!
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Package Fuge Italian Pork Sausage (thawed)
- 1 white onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup Pesto (fresh or store bought)
- 1 Package Rigatoni (or pasta of choice)
- 1 cup Fresh Arugula
- Freshly Chopped Parsley (to taste)
- Parmesan Cheese, grated (to taste)
- Salt + Pepper (to taste)
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, sautée onions + garlic in Olive oil until translucent.
- Add in Fuge Pork Italian Sausage and slowly break it up, cooking all the way through
- Bring a stockpot of salted water to boil and cook pasta per package directions.
- Once pasta is al dente, add 1/4 cup pasta water to sausage saucepan
- Drain pasta water and set pasta aside.
- Add Pesto to Sausage mixture and stir to combine.
- Add cooked pasta to saucepan and stir to combine, season with salt + pepper to taste.
- Plate pasta and garnish with fresh Arugula, Parsley and Parmesan.
Thank you to our friends at Fuge Sausage for sponsoring this post. As always, all recipes, opinions and ideas are our own.
Be sure to check out all of Fuge’s amazing offerings online here . You can order off their website for home delivery in Edmonton(every Tuesday) or you can shop their 99th street store- Open Tuesday & Saturdays (8 am- 4 pm).