Brussels sprouts have long been a favorite in our family! Even as children LOVED when my grandmothers would make them! It wasnt until a few months ago that the thought occurred to us to eat them raw. In a salad. We’ve never loved Brussel Sprouts more! This dish is sweet and zesty, crunchy and flavorful. We are fairly confident it can turn even the greatest of Brussel sprout skeptics into fans!
- 10 oz Brussels sprouts
- Garlic clove
- 1 Granny smith apple
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tsp Stevia (or regular sugar if you prefer!)
- 2 tbsp Mustard, whole grain
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 block Fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Add fresh lemon juice, olive oil, maple syrup, whole grain mustard, garlic clove, salt, and pepper to a small bowl. Using a whisk, stir until completely mixed together. Set aside.
2. Finely chop Brussels sprouts with a large knife or use a mandolin to shave them if you have one! Slice apple into thin one inch pieces.
3. In a large bowl, add Brussels sprout shavings and sliced granny smith apple pieces.
4. Toss Brussels/ Apple mixture with dressing.
5. Top with Freshly shaved Parmesan cheese. Devour!!!