You know us by now… we sisters are alllll about that salad life. This summer salad is one of my favorite takes on the classic Southwest. This dish is loaded with tons of delicious flavors and textures, a little heat and some sweetness from the feature ingredient: Juicy Summer Peaches!
Here’s What you Need:
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced leek
- Corn from two cobs (cooked and stripped.. can also use canned)
- 2- 3 Fresh Peaches (depending on size.. peeled and diced)
- 1 Jalapeno sliced (can eliminate if you don’t like spice)
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 3 Cups Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 Cups cooked chicken (shredded.. I used left overs from a roast chicken)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 3 limes
- 1 teaspoon honey or truvia
- 2 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- Sea salt to taste
- Chili flakes to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the Romaine and cilantro, leeks, Jalapeno, green onions, pepper slices and avocado, peaches, corn and black beans. Toss to combine. Set aside.
2. For the Vinaigrette, whisk all of the ingredients. Season to taste with kosher salt and chili flakes to preference. Refrigerate until ready to use
3. Toss the salad with some of the vinaigrette and mix until well coated. Add the chicken and serve immediately.
We want to hear how UNREAL your twisted Southwest Salad turned out! Tag us on Instagram or fire us an email at email@example.com.