After the year we’ve had, we are more excited than ever to celebrate the season, and what better way to do so than by enjoying an amazing Strawberry Basil Smash (or two) on the patio?!? Made with California Strawberries, herbaceous basil and a honey simple syrup, you will be making this delightful bevvy alll summer long! California Strawberries are in peak season, are readily available right now, and an excellent source of Vitamin C (about the same as an orange)!
You can find organic and conventionally grown strawberries from California at grocery and natural product stores wherever you live!
Now lets get mixing! To create this subtly sweet and thirst quenching craft cocktail see below!
Here’s What you Need:
- 8 Oz California Strawberries, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 10 Leaves Fresh Basil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Cups Water
- 4 0z Vodka of choice
- 6 Oz Sparkling Water
- In a saucepan, over medium heat make your simple syrup by adding honey and water together.
- Bring to a boil and allow liquid to reduce to half
- Once reduced, remove from heat and add 5 leaves of Fresh Basil. Set aside and let cool.
- In a cocktail mixing glass, muddle chopped California Strawberries to desired texture (we like our Strawberry pieces to be about the size of a quarter- but you do you!)
- Add Vodka and 2 tsp simple syrup, and a handful of ice to mixing glass and stir vigorously until well combined
- Pour mixture into glassware of choice and top with Sparkling Water
- Garnish with extra Basil Leaves + Enjoy!
Add a taste of Summer to any dish with California Strawberries! For more information, recipe ideas and tips, click here! Thank you to our friends at California Strawberries for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts, opinions and recipes are our own.