Sweet + Spicy Asian Turkey Meatballs
This has become one of my absolute FAVORITE weekday dinner time meals. Even when I was in my first trimester of pregnancy and could barely eat meat, this was a dish I loved! Zesty and delicious flavors, minimal prep – Its a super healthy and well balanced dish that the whole family will devour! I like to use lean proteins like turkey and chicken as much as possible, and this was an absolutely perfect combination! Plus, my boys absolutely devour it every time it’s on the menu!
- 2 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 cup gluten free Oats ( or whole wheat panko crumbs if you prefer)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 clove pressed garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup Siracha
- 3 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 6 Large Carrotts, julienned
- One bunch Broccolini
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pulse oats on the high setting in your vitamix or food processor for about 30 seconds to break into smaller pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together turkey, oats (or breadcrumbs), eggs, green onions, 1 clove garlic and salt/pepper until well combined. Shape mixture into 1½-inch balls and place evenly spaced apart on prepared baking sheets lined with parchment.
- Bake meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes, rotating half way through so that both sides brown and cook through.
- For the glaze, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking continuously. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes (the sauce will start to thicken)
- Add Broccolini to glaze, allow to cook 2 mins, then add in meatballs and julienned carrots , coating everything evenly.
- Serve immediately over brown rice and top with green onions and a few sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Note: If you are concerned that this will be too spicy you can always decrease the Siracha to 1/2 cup or increase the honey and soy sauce by a Tbsp.
We want to hear how much you loved this dish! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on Instagram @rivercitysisters!
Leave a Comment