Tangy Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
We may or may not have indulged a *little* too much while on Vacation last week. Usually we aim to follow the 80/15/5 Rule where lean proteins, fruit and vegetables make up about 80% of meals, Dairy and Gluten Free Grains (quinoa, rice, oats) make up 15% of our meals, leaving room for about 5% other (chocolate and wine! ha, ha).
Lets just say, we threw caution to the wind while on holidays. We had all the pizza, hamburgers and craft beer! While we did manage to cook at home a few nights and kept those meals 80/15.. we are still feeling the need to clean up our eating this week! In effort to do so, we came up with these Sweet, Spicy, and Crunchy Chicken Thai Lettuce Wraps. Gluten Free. Dairy Free. Packed with tons of fresh, crisp vegetables, lean protein and a (mostly) clean sauce!
-2 Medium Organic Chicken Breasts
-1/2 cup sweet chili sauce (this does have a little bit of sugar in it.. hence the *mostly*)
-2 Tbsp. reduced Sodium Soy Sauce or coconut aminos
-3 cloves pressed garlic
-1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
-2 small limes, Freshly Squeezed
-1 Tsp. Siracha (or more to taste)
– 1 head butter leaf lettuce, washed + dried
– 1 long English cucumber
-3 large organic carrots
– 2 cups organic quinoa, cooked + cooled
-1/4 cup chopped green onions or chives
-1/8 cup cilantro (if desired)
-1/2 cup raw, unsalted peanuts (if desired)
1.Cube chicken breasts
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together ingredients for chicken marinade.
3. Add cubed chicken to marinade. Cover and set aside to marinade in fridge.
4. Cook Quinoa according to package instructions. Let cool.
5. Spiralize/ Julienne Cucumber and Carrots
6. Chop onions/ chives and cilantro
7. In another mixing bowl combine vegetables into a slaw. Should you wish to spice up the slaw, add light and zesty dressing from here.
8. In a medium frying pan, over medium heat, cook chicken and marinade thoroughly until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 Degrees Fahrenheit.
9. To serve, spoon quinoa onto lettuce leaves, layer on chicken and vegetable slaw, Taco style. Top with Onions, cilantro and peanuts! YUM!!
Leave a Comment