There is nothing I love more than to be in the Kitchen creating a beautiful and healthy meal for my family during the Holidays. While I’ll only be cooking for the four of us this year, I’m more motivated than ever to make it special and memorable for us all. This Christmas, I’m excited to add a few new offerings to our table- this Oven Roasted Root Vegetable dish being one of them!
When it comes to preparation, my first stop is to Freson Bros! We love that Freson carries the best produce from local growers in our community, and we always find the store environment warm and welcoming! Not to mention- Freson’s just has a knack for creating a unique shopping experience in the store that invites us to find new items and inspires us to devise fun recipes.
For this particular dish, it was Freson’s Root Cellar experience in their Market Garden, along with a suggestion from a dear friend that really provided the impetus! It may be a simple dish with one slightly unusual ingredient, but we promise you the result is incredible!
Here’s What you Need:
- Two Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Alberta Black Garlic
- 3 Large Beets
- 1 Bag Leefer’s Brothers Organic Carrotts
- 4 Large Parsnips
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Fresh Dill, roughly chopped
- Okay here’s the part that you might find a bit unusual. You chop all veggies into similar size peices and toss into a mixing bowl with the two cups of Apple Cider Vinegar. Even if you are not a fan of ACV- you will be after trying this!
- Allow vegetables to marinade for minimum of 3 hours.
- After soaking, drain vinegar from the bowl and add in crushed garlic, Olive Oil and Salt and Pepper.
- Transfer to a cooking sheet or casserole dish and Roast in oven at 375 for 30-45 mins, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are cooked to your desired softness.
- Remove from oven, garnish with freshly chopped Dill and ENJOY!!!!
We know this dish will be an instant favorite with your crew this Christmas. Wishing you and yours the merriest of Holidays! Make this recipe and love it? Share on instagram and be sure to tag us!!
Thank you to our friends at Freson Bros for sponsoring this post! As always our recipes and opinions are our own.