We sisters are firm believers in the power of fresh herbs. Basil, Dill, Rosemary, Chives, Parsley, Thyme… you name it, we LOVE it. In our opinion, even the most humble of ingredients can become extraordinary if paired with the right fresh herbs.
Enter the carrot. Pretty much each and every one of us has carrots in our fridge. But when was the last time you ate a carrot out of enjoyment instead of obligation? We used to be carrot eaters out of obligation too (they are cheap and can be found in Alberta all year long!) But recently we found a way to LOVE them! We’re talking, really love! The secret to this love is none other than the herb superhero, Rosemary. Rosemary can elevate almost ANY flavour profile, amiright? It goes so wonderfully with the grainy mustard and sweetness of the Honey these carrots will soon become a household staple! Don’t believe us? I dare you to switch up your weeknight side of veggies with these bad boys and report back!
- Bundle of Fresh Multi ColoredCarrots (Organic if possible)
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Fresh Rosemary to taste (we like LOTS! Dried works too, though not as flavorful)
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Grainy Mustard of choice
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Cloves garlic, Crushed
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Heat Oven to 375 F
- Line a small pan with foil
- Peel and Rinse carrots.
- Julienne carrots (cut length wise into sticks, or however you want!)
- In a small bowl combine all remaining ingredients except parsley and mix with a fork
- Add carrots to bowl and coat well.
- Move carrots to pan and place in oven
- Roast in oven for 7-10 Minutes, stirring occasionally until cooked to taste.
- Dust with chopped Parsley.
- Bask in the glory of having made Carrots taste better than sawdust!
Did you enjoy these Carrots?! Let us know by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or show off on Instagram by tagging us @rivercitysisters, or using the hashtag #rivercitysisters