We’re never EXACTLY sure which our favorite meal is: the Turkey Dinner or the leftover soup the next day! But, even our beloved Turkey Soup can get a bit tired after a while so we made a few simple modifications and ta-da – Butternut Squash Turkey Stew. Smooth and rich flavours, no grains, gluten or dairy, and only a few ingredients, you can toss this stew together in 10 minutes flat! Perfect for those of us who spent hours in the Kitchen yesterday!
- Leftover Turkey (can use leftover Rotisserie Chicken as well
- Chicken or Turkey Stock (homemade or I used Bo & Marrows Chicken Bone Broth)
- 1/4 White Onion, minced
- 2 tsp crushed Garlic
- 1 Cup Diced Peppers
- 2 Ears of corn, stripped (or canned corn)
- Butternut Squash Diced
- 2 Sprigs fresh Rosemary
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 Tsp Olive Oil
- In a medium saucepan, sautee olive oil, onions, garlic, and fresh herbs over medium heat.
- Add in Cubed Butternut squash and sautee until squash is softened, but not fully cooked.
- Add in leftover meat and Stock/ Broth of your choice
- Reduce heat and simmer
- Add in peppers and corn (I also added peas because my son is OBSESSED)
- Season with salt + pepper and serve!
Enjoy WOW- ing your family two days in a row! We’d love to see how incredible your Turkey + Butternut Squash Stew turned out! Email us at email@example.com or tag us on instagram @rivercitysisters.