Our Children are completely Taco obsessed! They love being able to pick their own toppings and ‘create’ their own meal, and we are A- Ok with it… since it means they will actually be incorporating vegetables into their dinner!
Over the past few months, we’ve been experimenting with our Taco recipes, and decided to mix it up by grilling our Turkey Breast instead of pan frying ground turkey! We even became extra ambitious and started making our salsas from scratch, like the Peach Salsa in this recipe!
Simple, delicious flavours that come together in a flash, for the whole family to enjoy!
- Two turkey breasts
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes or Cayenne to taste
- 1 Tbsp Avocado oil
- Green leaf lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 Jalapeño, sliced
- 2 ripe Peaches chopped
- 1/2 White onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 lime
- 8 Small tortillas
- 1/2 Avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped (to taste!)
- In a mixing bowl, combine spices and avocado oil to marinade Turkey Breasts (the longer, the better!!)
- Pre-heat BBQ.
- In another bowl, prepare the salsa. Combine chopped peaches, onion, garlic, juice from the lime and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the turkey over medium heat on the BBQ, until meat is cooked an internal temperature of 165 Degrees F.
- Slice the Turkey Breast and place in the center of the tortillas. Top with lettuce, Peach salsa, sliced avocado and cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
Cheers to the long Weekend! Hope you all enjoy some sunshine and of course, delicious Tacos!
*This post was created in Partnership with Alberta Turkey. As always, our recipes, ideas and opinions are our own. *