Tuscan Gnocchi Recipe
Every January, we get in a food “RUT”. Maybe it’s all the excess of the Holidays, the exhaustion of getting back into (somewhat) of a routine, or maybe it’s just the January “blahs”, but I ALWAYS find myself just lacking motivation to cook healthy + delicious meals. I’ve been so freaking uninspired lately, but I find, If I just take a few hours on a Sunday to start experimenting AMAZING things can happen! Aka – THIS STEW!!!
Last weekend, I was on a mission to create something that everyone would eat. Kids are on a Beef strike. They only want Pasta. Husband is sick of Chicken. My body is SCREAMING for vegetables and something delicious. And so, this Tuscan Chicken and Gnocchi Stew recipe was born. My husband thought the Chicken was Beef! The Kids were happy it was Chicken! It has Pasta, It has Vegetables, it has incredible depth of flavor and richness and is still HEALTHY! Win, Win, Win, Win, Win!!!
Did I mention you can make this tuscan gnocchi recipe in your crock or inst pot? Another WIN! I should also mention, this is Gluten Free and can be made Vegan by not using Chicken and Subbing Vegetable Broth.
Here’s What You Need for this Tuscan Gnocchi Recipe:
- Two Chicken Breasts, Diced
- 1/2 Large White Onion, minced
- 4-5 CLoves Garlic, Crushed
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Bottle White Wine (I prefer Pinot Gris for this)
- 4 Large Carrots, Chopped
- 1 Large Bell Pepper (I used Orange), Chopped
- 1 Cup Corn, stripped from cob (canned or frozen works too!)
- 1 Can Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- Two Sprigs Rosemary
- Three Sprigs Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Cups Shelled Peas
- 1 Bag Frozen or Fresh Gnocchi (any kind you like!)
- Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
- If using insta pot or crockpot- start on Saute mode. If on the stove, turn heat to medium- high. Add in Olive Oil, Onions, Garlic and sautee until onions are translucent.
- Add in Chicken breast and brown.
- Add Carrots, Bell Pepper, Corn and Salt + Pepper, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat, add in White Wine, Chicken Broth and Tomato Paste
- Switch to soup mode on your insta/ crock pot or reduce to simmer on stove.
- Add Thyme and Rosemary
- Let Simmer for at least an hour
- Ten minutes before serving, add in Gnocchi.
- Add Peas immediately before serving
- Garnish with Fresh Parmesan
- Try (really hard) not to eat the whole pot in one sitting. It’s that FREAKIN’ good!!
Make this tuscan gnocchi recipe and LOVE it? Share with us on Instagram!