Watermelon Frosé Recipe
Frosé—A.K.A. frozen Rosé, is the “it” drink of the summer! Created in NYC and perfected in LA, you are sure to see it popping up on trendy cocktail menus all over the place! And did we mention it’s EASY AF to make at home? If you are a wine lover, Rosé lover, or (lets be real) cocktail lover, this drink is for you!
A pitcher of Frosé is that perfect addition to your weekend BBQ or to compliment sunny summer evenings spent on the patio! There are two ways to make this Rosé.. one by just throwing all the ingredients into the blender, and the other by creating a simple syrup first. Both options yield a refreshing and delicious result!
We discovered Villa Larose Rosé a few weeks ago, courtesy of Wine and Beyond‘s amazing Sommelier, and knew immediately it would be PERFECT in Frosé! From the South of France, this particular Rosé has the aroma of English Candy and light flavor of acidic berries. The freshness and balance of Villa Larose is complimented by the slight sweetness of the Watermelon.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE WATERMELON FROSE RECIPE:
- Bottle of Villa Larose Rosé
- 1/4 cup stevia (You can use regular sugar if you prefer – 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup water
- 1 Small Watermelon or 1/4 of a large Watermelon (diced)
- Mint leaves to taste
- Blend Watermelon and Villa Larose Rosé together in blender.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 Pan (or ice cube trays if you have) and let Rosé freeze for 6- 8 hours (or overnight if you want!)
- Optional: Make a simple syrup. Stir together stevia, mint leaves and 1 cup water in sauce pan over medium heat until stevia is completely dissolved and liquid reduces to half of volume. Remove from heat, let sit for 30 minutes. Strain out mint and let cool.
- Once Rosé mixture has been in freezer 6- 8 hours, scrape frozen Rosé into blender (or pop out of cube tray into blender).
- Add in simple syrup (or stevia to taste if you did not make syrup)
- If you aren’t serving right away, stick into freezer. Just re- blend before serving!
- Garnish with a Watermelon wedge and Mint Leaves- we dare you not to drink it all yourself!
We’d love to see your Fabulous Frosé creations. Be sure to tag us on Instagram! Cheers!
*This post was done in partnership with Wine and Beyond. But as always, our creations and opinions are our own*