World’s BEST Sugar Cookies
I’ll be honest- I made these and prepared 90% of this post before Christmas, fully intending to get it out in December! But, you know what? Time got away from me and it never was published! C’est la vie! Thankfully, there are about, oh, a thousand occasions through out the year where one needs to make Epic Sugar Cookies- Valentines Day is no exception! So here is our VDAY day version of these INCREDIBLE sugar cookies! My little baking helper is not much of a Picasso in the cookie decorating department but truly, these cookies are so darn good, WHO cares if they aren’t perfect (aesthetically speaking!).
- 1 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups White Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat in Eggs and Vanilla
- Add in Flour, Baking Powder and Salt
- Cover and chill for at least one hour or over night (We like to do the “Mixing” one day and the baking/ decorating the next day. The dough is easier to roll- and it allows for two days of fun with your kid- helpers!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Roll out dough on a floured surface approx 1/4 to 1/2 inches thick.
- Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter (or use a knife!)
- Place cookies an inch or so apart on un-greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until cookies are just golden
- Cool on wire rack and ice/ decorate when completely cooled.
We hope you enjoy these with your GALentines, PALentines, Valentines or little Valentines! Be sure to tag us on Instagram @rivercitysisters to show us your creations!
Leave a Comment